Dear Reader is a South African band whose music could be described as alternative pop, covering a wide-range from acoustic ballads to electronic loop experiments. Their name used to be Harris Tweed, but they were forced to change it when the Harris Tweed Authority in Scotland sent them a lawyers’ letter demanding it. Members are singer-songwriter-pianist cherilyn macneil, Darryl Torr (bass, electronics) and Michael Wright (drums, vocals).
Dear Reader are signed to City Slang. In fall 2008 they played their first European shows as the support act for Lambchop and Andrew Bird. They returned in February 2009 to play shows with Sophia. Their album Replace Why With Funny was produced by Brent Knopf of (Menomena) and was released in February 2009. Following a tour of their homeland in March, they return to Europe in April/May 2009 to play headline shows in Germany and will support their label-mates, Get Well Soon in France, Italy and the Netherlands.
Read more…@ Last.fm // Botaniqueis not responsible for the content of this text.
- We have 3 sets of 2 tickets for our show in Saarbrücken on Sunday. First 3 ppl to mail me at email@example.com will be on the list +1
- we were well and truly spoiled by the wonderful team at kuppel in basel last night. thanks be! next stop... münchen! t.co/OJQoBTI8oF
- arrived to the most wonderful scene in zurich. too beautiful to be true! hope you'll join us at rote fabrik later... t.co/6QoaJYvc8T
- stuggi-town, we're happy to be back! and looking forward to seeing you guys at schocken tonight...
- hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off on tour we go! t.co/gCTJbpkHB5