Zola Jesus is the endeavor of a solitary woman named Nika Roza Danilova to simultaneously combat and invoke the approaching apocalypse using the only weapon/offering she has: her voice. After a decade of opera study and a musical awakening involving such varied inspiration as Billboard bubblegum, classical arias, no wave, avant industrial, she was able to thread her influences into a sound uniquely her own.
- But Zed & Two Noughts and The Cook, The Thief... are the most stunning and cohesive
- Hard! Probably Belly of an Architect because I love Boullée and the Wim Mertens score “@Andrew_StClair: What is your favorite PG work?”
- Peter Greenaway is very real, and a damn entertaining orator.
- There are Zola Jesus contributions to the score of Jim Jarmusch's new film "Only Lovers Left Alive"
- Trust Me (Live Band Version) my live band got together and recorded a version of "trust me" that we've been... t.co/Mwr4byecRv